Pages

Sunday, July 1, 2012

Japan: Day 6 Part 3 - Ginkakuji Temple

Last part of day 6, you can read about part 1 here and part 2 here.
Ginkakuji or Silver Pavilion is a Zen temple with other temple buildings and multiple gardens, also it is called the Silver Pavilion it was never covered in silver, but apparently it gives off a silvery appearance when reflected....who knows.

doesn't look that silver to me...
dry sand garden
view from the top of a mountain

Finally finished the post on day 6, I really recommend going to a few of these famous temples when you're in Kyoto because it's a city that still has historical buildings and symbolises the traditional side of Japan.

I'll be updating more posts these 2 weeks because it's holidays, and I've done most of my homework, so be prepared for more posts on my Japan trip :)

さようなら~

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...