Pages

Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Year 12 Formal

Had a wonderful night a few days ago as it was my year 12 formal which is very similar to a prom.  The formal was held at Leonda which is a famous place for lovely wedding receptions, and we were lucky enough to have our formal held there ꒰๑ ´∇`๑꒱

We had got ready and had pre's at Laura's which was only a 5 minutes away from the venue, so convenient!  and be prepared as I'll be spamming photos of the night.

with the girls:
Laura, Kirsten, Maddie, Mary, me, Meaghan, Mannie

 and with dates/partners


As you can guess by now, I'm the asian..the one and only in my group haha

amazing venue (credits to Suki)

 the menu which consisted of a three course meal (credits to Jen)
I was quite satisfied with my meal, expect for the passion fruit cheesecake which was too sweet.

Awards were also given out which included best dressed, cutest couple, the bachelorette, and 'little miss sunshine'.   For those who don't know, the 'little miss sunshine' award is given to the most orange girl in the year level, and yes orange from spray tans.  With the girl who won the 'little miss sunshine' award she joked about how she had just come back from Bali which was the reason for her beautiful hideous tan.

 say hello to 'little miss sunshine' legs on the right..dark much?

After eating, dancing, and taking photos we were told to leave Leonda at around 11pm, personally I wanted to stay longer but the teachers told us to leave.. We planned to have midnight pancakes at Pancake Parlour in our formal dresses, however the closest one was renovating D: So after we were shooed outside, we took a taxi back to Laura's which only cost us $1each since it was so close.  We spent the night at hers watching Community and binging on lollies and punch, but I soon fell asleep at around 2am because I'm known to sleep a lot...

So that's all about my year 12 formal, nothing too bad happened at Leonda, but I did see a security guard pour out someones vodka from a flask o.o tsktsk thought it was one of my friends who tried to sneak midori in, but it wasn't.


Here's the eyemake up I had, taken from a photo since I forgot to take a photo just of my eyes:
 quite pleased with my noob makeup skills, and here's what I used:
cosmecom powder, ettusais bb cream, mybelline quad eyeshadow, shu uemura eyelash curler,
candydoll concealer, dollywink long mascara, fiberwig mascara, dollywink black eyeliner,
dollywink sweet dolly eyeshadow, D.U.P lashes in 906?, candydoll pink blush,
D.U.P eyelash glue, diamond nose makeup


Have any of you had formal/proms? How did it go?

G.Na new super catchy song, I love her hair in the mv



toodles,
lissy

20 comments:

  1. you look so cute ^.^ I hope that I´ll look good on my prom too :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you! ahhh I bet you will :)

      Delete
  2. Aw aren't you all gorgeous! I had my year 11 formal at Leonda too, beautiful venue! Especially loved the bar area. My year 12 formal was at Brighton International or whatever it's called.. personally didn't find the venue that great. Oh but it was better than Albert by the Lake which is where I went for my friend's formal .. to be honest I was expecting a nicer venue since it's overlooking the lake and all! Eep school formals were so fun :) uni balls are even better though haha :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks sue :) leonda is amazing! apparently camberwell grammars year 12 formal is at the aquarium this year!!!
      one more year til uni balls haha

      Delete
  3. You look so cute! I love your dress ^^ ahahaha thats an awesome award... I wish we had something as funny as that! I like your dress too ^^ definitely a change from the usual ball dress colours you'd normally see! The eye make up is amazing too ^^ i wish mine looked that good back in the days XD

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you jen :D LOL i dont think many schools give out such strange awards
      there were quite a lot of red dresses this year, however i was the only one in yellow (Y)
      thanks, i guess my makeup skills arent that bad :)

      Delete
  4. you look beautiful and your dress is amazing! glad you had a good night (:

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you amanda, and yes I did :D

      Delete
  5. Can't wait until prom! The venue looks beautiful, loved your yellow dress! We have a little miss sunshine in our grade too but it's her hair that's so yellow it makes her look like the sun xD

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you lulu~ LOL at the different interpretations of 'little miss sunshine', I suggest you start looking for dresses now before it's too late or someone else gets the same dress as you, I bet you'll be pumped for it as I was :DD

      Delete
  6. Oooh ! You look stunning and we had our yr12 formal at leonda as well I think :s LOL
    I miss formals, owells plenty of uni balls hehe

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you vonny! leonda is gorgeous :)
      cant wait til next year, uni balls :DD

      Delete
  7. I love the colour of your dress. It really suits you. My formal was at Leonda as well and one group came by boat! I wish my school had awards for formal, that would've made the night more memorable

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you steph :) I know a few groups who went by boat, one even came via a party bus!

      Delete
  8. Omg you look gorgeous, I love your dress. It's so cute! Also that tan is *shutters* I dislike it so much! I don't understand why people do it! LOL!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you phuju!!!
      lol one of my friends was like 'wow shes black' it looked terrible!

      Delete
  9. You girls look gorgeous(and tall)!
    Your year 12 formal venue looks lovely. I don't have formal until towards the dn of the year :3.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you, haha apparently im quite tall for an asian
      i bet you'll be really excited when your formal is near :)

      Delete
  10. Aw you looked beautiful! Love your dress :)
    Mine's this year and I can't wait!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks sheri!
      I bet you'll enjoy it as much as I did :)

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...