Pages

Monday, April 23, 2012

Saturated

From the title you may be thinking that I'll be talking about foods that are saturated with fat or oil, however it'll be a bit about how the school 3km cross country (fun run) turned out to be.
According to the weather forecast this morning, it said it would be a top of 20 degrees with showers, so I expected a little drizzle like last year, however half way through the fun run the weather seriously changed

Yes this is Melbourne, four seasons a day
 
Found a similar picture to describe it, but imagine hail, rain and thunderstorms altogether, not to mention that you were running on tracks with minimal shelter except for a few bridges about every 1km apart or so and trees that offered absolutely no help either.
So everyone in the school ended up literally looking like wet dogs as we were 100% soaked from top to bottom that shivered uncontrollably on the way back to school, and I'm pretty sure that about half of the school won't be attending school tomorrow due to colds.

what we had to run in (stolen from facebook hehe)

But overall it was the best and worst last fun run, many of us year 12s saw little year 7s screaming and running for the non-existant shelter when the thunder broke haha, but we all got drenched to the point where the coldness of the weather could be felt in our bones (φ╻φ;) Winter's finally heading our way, so it's time to dig out those warm clothes Melbournians~

Thanks for reading, byee

14 comments:

  1. I asked my mum why we moved from Melbourne to Sydney when I was younger and she said it was because she hated the weather LOL

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. my friends who moved down from sydney say they hate the weather too, whish melbourne was sunnier :)

      Delete
  2. HAHAHAHHA can't believe you guys had cross country on this day, the hail must've hurt

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know they should've cancelled it! some people said they got bruises from the hail :S

      Delete
  3. Aw no !! Can't believe they made you finish it even in the terrible weather!! Hope you're alright Lis.
    Also, is that Canterbury uniform I spy! Haha :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Other schools cancelled theirs, but we had to D:
      haha yesyes, thought someone would recognise it

      Delete
  4. oh I hate cold, windy and rainy weather :/

    ReplyDelete
  5. I Wonder If You Hurt Like Me! Nice song. :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. I used to go to that school...!! The only year I participated in was during yr 12 and I almost died lols

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thats awesome!!
      I nearly died as well, 3km felt so loooong

      Delete
  7. Cute blog!
    The 'Welcome to Melbourne' picture cracked me up lol! It's sooo true though haha! But as if you ran in that weather... your school is so mean!
    And since you mentioned that you're a year 12, good luck for your mid years (if you have any), I'm gonna die... they are so soon :|

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you
      Argh hate my school after we got a new principal!
      i dont have any mid-years, but good luck on yours since they're coming up!!

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...