Pages

Saturday, March 24, 2012

Japan: Day 4 - Kyoto

Finally found some time to continue with my Japan trip posts. These few weeks I've been having SACs and assignments, so I was quite busy with school work.

It was our last day in Osaka as our next destination was Kyoto, so this post mostly will be on travelling to Kyoto. We took the train from the station nearest to our hotel to Osaka station, and from Osaka station we took the express train to Kyoto station.


love how advertisements are displayed in trains

a train stations that's also a shopping district, what could be better?

on the way to Kyoto, it was so packed I had to stand

next station - Kyoto
Such a funny little advertisement

and hello Kyoto, it's a massive station with JR lines, private lines, night buses, etc and many shopping centres and centered around Kyoto station.

the amazing Kyoto Station

Had lunch at Porta, which is a underground shopping arcade situated under Kyoto station, talk about space saving
at first mum thought the display food was real haha

cheap and delicious carbonara,
no wonder we had to wait outside with other customers

After we shopped around the many shops in Porta, it was already dark outside even though it was only around 7pm.
beautiful Kyoto Tower at night


Then we walked back to our ryokan which was just a 10 minute walk from the station.
Holidays are coming up, so I'll be able to make blogposts more often, thanks for reading :)

SHINee's back, SHINee's back~

12 comments:

  1. Wahh~ It looks like you had a lot of fun! >u<

    Also, SHINee's backkk~ :'D (Sherlock <3 )

    ReplyDelete
  2. ! Space saving in asian contries xD it's so creative so you don't have that much of an urban sprawl like american cities where everything's just ground level.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. and it's so convenient, Australia is like that too D:

      Delete
  3. Wow! I want to go to Japan too! :D The food looks delicious!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you, it was a really creamy pasta :D

      Delete
  4. Aah, I wish I could go back to Japan! When I went, my brand new camera broke after I took two photos. Haha, so I have to go back to take at least more than 2 photos! XD

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I want to go back too~
      oh nooo, but I bet you treasure those two special photos :)

      Delete
  5. Sooo jealous! Take me to Japan with you! xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. oh it looks like a busy city, it must be confusing with the train lines too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. i found it quite confusing on the first day, but I found their train system really easy after getting used to it

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...