ever had too much sweet potato and didn't know what to do with it?
well mum taught me this new 'dessert' that is slightly like candied apples!!
ok, you need (all are estimates):
- 1cup of sugar(any type)
- 1/2cup of water
- 1 large whole sweet potato roughly chopped into bit size pieces
1. boil sugar and water in a pot
2. keep stirring when bubbles have formed
3. take pot from stove when sugar and water are slightly golden with bubbles
4. place chopped sweet potato into pot
5. stir briskly
6. take sweet potato out of pot when all of sugar and sweet potato have combined
7. tip out onto plate, and serve when sugar has solidified
serves 4-8 (depending on size of sweet potato)